Mubarak Mandi Palace- Mubarak Mandi Palace Complex; there are several buildings in this compound all surrounding a single courtyard. The oldest building of the Mubarak Mandi Palace Complex dates back to 1824. However the construction of all the buildings was rounded up about 150 years ago. Mubarak Mandi Palace served as a massive palace for rulers of the Dogra dynasty. It was infact the main seat of the kingdom until 1925, after which Raja Hari Singh moved the royal seat to Hari Niwas Palace in Northern Jammu. Area being Prone to earthquakes and fires, parts of this building, like the Gol Ghar, lie now in ruins.
The greatest attraction of the Mubarak Mandi Palace however remains the Pink Hall. It houses the Dogra Art Gallery. The gallery has an amazing collection of sculptures and paintings that are sure to leave any visitor startled. The Pink Hall inside the palace has now been converted to a museum that holds several miniature paintings and emperor Shah Jahan's golden bow and arrow, among other interesting things.
The palace site has an imposing view of Tawi river and old city built on the hillock.
Presently Mubarak Mandi Palace is an archaeologically and historically valuable monument and comprises many government offices and courts.
Dogra Art Gallery
Located in the Pink Hall of the Mubarak Mandi Palace Complex, this art museum is a rich repository that displays rare paintings possessing immense artistic value. The Dogra Art Gallery is a magnificent place where tourists can find unique collection of paintings. This art museum displays rich and rare paintings possssing great artistic value. There are many miniature paintings that are really beautiful and priceless. More than 800 paintings belonging to different schools of art have found their place in this exquisite collection at the Dogra Art Gallery. The various schools whose paintings have found a proud place in this treasure trove are Basohli, Jammu and Kangra. Other than the paintings, the Dogra Art Gallery also has exquisite sculptures, terracotta figures etc. These sculptures date back to the 16th century. The tourist can also view the gold plated bow and arrow of the Mughal Emperor, Shahjahan.